© 2019 IRINA KURTISHVILI

TBILISI/ARCHITECTURE AT THE INTERSECTION OF CONTINENTS

Publication to the Exhibition / 2016

EN

The extensive bilingual publication is devoted to architecture in Tbilisi from the late 19th century to the latest developments: The capital’s present-day cityscape is shaped by 19th century buildings designed along European lines, as well as by 20th century Soviet architecture, and includes numerous internationally renowned constructions. „The catalogue is not only well-founded and informative. It also serves as a useful guide to the 56 most interesting buildings of the last 150 years“(NZZ) and is published on the occasion of the eponymous exhibition at the exhibition center of the Vienna Insurance Group AG.

DE

Die umfangreiche zweisprachige Publikation ist der Architektur in Tiflis vom Ende des 19. Jahrhundert bis zu den jüngsten Entwicklungen gewidmet: Die im 19. Jahrhundert nach europäischem Vorbild realisierten Gebäude, ebenso wie die sowjetische Architektur im 20. Jahrhundert und damit auch zahlreiche Bauten internationalen Formats, prägen noch heute das Stadtbild. „Der Katalog ist nicht nur fundiert und informativ. Er leistet auch als Führer zu den 56 interessantesten Bauten der letzten 150 Jahre nützliche Dienste“ (NZZ) und wurde anlässlich der gleichnamigen Ausstellung im Ausstellungszentrum der Vienna Insurance Group AG erschien.
 

NZZ / March 22, 2016 / Link to full article (German) found here

With contributions by Adolph Stiller, David Abuladze, Irina Kurtishvili (selected projects / accompanying text)

 

Edited by Adolph Stiller
Published by Verlag Müry Salzmann, Salzburg, Austria
 
Bilingual edition (German / English) 20.5 x 21.5 cm / 236 pages / softcover 
images in b/w and colour Printed in Austria

Designed by Haller & Haller

 

2016 

 

ISBN 978-3-99014-136-6
Buy here: Müry Salzmann

Pages 90-91 / Melik-Azariants’ residential building / architect N. Obolonski, sculptor: A. Novak / 1909-1913

Pages 108-109 / Woronzov Bridge / architect Sh. Kavlashvili, G. Melkadze, engineer: G. Kartsivadze / 1962

Pages 110-111 / Government building / architects: V. Kokorin, G. Lejava, V. Nasaridze / 1938-1953

Pages 98-99 / Funicular top station / architects: Z. & N. Kurdiani, A. Walabujev / 1938